The Fourth on the Plateau is the city's largest event. We need many volunteers. This is a fun event to volunteer at - great for couples, teams or groups. Volunteers get parking passes at the event, a great spot to see the fireworks and, of course, the satisfaction of knowing you are helping out your community.
Please read through the volunteer opportunities below and contact the volunteer coordinator to sign up or ask questions. Volunteer orientation is scheduled for June 28 at 6 p.m.
Shifts: 4 pm – 11 pm - Times are approximate and can be split into two shifts if enough volunteers are signed up. Must be 18 or older (16 is ok if volunteering with someone over 18) and must attend volunteer orientation.
- Lower Area - (4)
- Upper Area - (4)
- Assist the Area Director in any way necessary.
- Report problems to SPARC radio contact
- Provide support for lost parents
- Be a resource to guests- know the FAQ’s on water, food, toilets, and first aid, lost children, police, fire and ambulance.
- Be able to provide information about activities, music, fireworks and the kid’s area.
- Be polite and courteous, but firm. Safety comes first!
- Watch for: fireworks, alcohol or any unsavory behavior
- Relieve gate attendant (lower commons) as needed
- Report to trail at 9:00 to help with trail closure
- Report to 228th Ave (upper) to keep guests from crossing the street
- Help take down sponsor booths at 9:30 if not helping with trail closure (upper)
- Help to put away equipment in booth before check out, making sure to leave volunteer sign out sheet out for zone manager.
KIDS AREA VOLUNTEERS:
Must be 16 or older and must attend volunteer orientation.
Volunteers Needed: (12)
- Supervise guests as they use the bouncy toys
- Collect money from guests who want to use the bouncy toys
- Greet guests as they come in with a warm, cheery “Happy 4th of July!”
- Hand out information on SAMMI Awards to anyone who would like the information.
- Help with set up or take down as directed by area supervisor.
- Help keep children in line and shut down line as directed by Area Supervisor
- Make everyone feel like they are family at our event.
Shift: 3:30 – 6 P.M. (Plaza)
3:00 – 6 P.M. (Lower Commons)
Volunteers Needed (1) per area
Must be 18 and older and attend volunteer orientation.
- Check off vendors upon their arrival
- Show them to their location
- Confirm if they signed up for electricity and help them connect to generator if necessary (staff will help with this)
- Make sure set up is going smoothly and cars/trucks get parked as soon as possible
- Check in with vendors occasionally (at least twice during the evening) to make sure that all is going well.